Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pantry Organization


 
I am on an organization kick lately and the first place I started was our pantry. I wish I had a "before" picture but I didn't think about it until I was finished. I buy a lot of food from bulk bins at the heath food store so there were a lot of unlabeled bags on the shelves. The kids have a tendency to finish up a snack and leave the empty boxes so there was also a lot of trash on the shelves.
 
I decided the best way to combat the clutter was to put everything in canisters. I bought these canisters from Wal-Mart and they are great! Everything that was in a box now has it's own canister. I even put the microwave popcorn bags in it's own canister.
 
I used my favorite tool, the Silhouette, to make my labels. I cut the background label with chalkboard vinyl and cut the white letters out of vinyl as well (my handwriting is hideous). I used the font,
Jaro Handwriting, from myfonts.com.




I was really happy with the end result. I ran out of white vinyl so there are a few canisters that still need labels so I will finish up next weekend. The project took me over 11 hours but I cut and labeled over 40 canisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment