Monday, August 20, 2012

Birthday Party

My daughter's birthday is July 6 and is such a hard time to plan a birthday party since usually her friends are out of town for the holiday. This year we decided to hold off on a party for her until school started.

The party was Friday night. Ashley had 5 friends come over for a sleep over. It went great.

I made a birthday banner using my Silhouette, it was really easy to make.

I purchased these cute mason jar cups and paper straws for each girl and cut out each girls name in vinyl. It was my first time cutting vinyl so it was a little challenging for me with the tiny letters. As you can see from the picture the "l" moved a little from use. The cups worked out great and it was so nice not having paper cups and juice boxes all over the house.


 They made yarn monsters for the first craft.

The second craft I heated up river rocks in the oven and then they used crayons to color them. When the rocks are hot the crayons just melt onto the rocks. The girls then decided that they needed some bling so I brought out the glitter glue. When the were finished I used Modge Podge to seal their artwork. The blue rock is Justin's - he is still planning on adding fins to it to make it into a shark.

The silly birthday girl






No comments:

Post a Comment