Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Daily Veggie Smoothie

I really try hard to eat a lot of veggies everyday. I have become addicted to my daily veggie smoothie using my Vitamix. It is so easy to make and it is a great source of fiber and vitamins.

Today I made a smoothie using coconut water, 1 cucumber, kale, spinach, broccoli, 1 banana
and 1 pear.

You can add any veggies and fruit you want. Just add your liquid and throw in the veggies/fruit and blend. I have found that I like using coconut water rather than plain water because it adds a little sweetness along with electrolytes.


I have these great glass water bottles that I pour my smoothies into. They are perfect for taking the smoothies to work.



2 comments:

  1. How do those taste? It sounds crazy to add so many things, I'd be afraid to drink something that green! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They taste great! My husband and I drink one every morning. It does need to be refrigeratedfor a while after you make it, tastes much better cold. With the fruit you don't need to add any sweetener. It's a great way to get in more veggies into your diet.

    ReplyDelete